The Coral Genetics Working Group’s aim is to develop recommendations on several issues related to coral genetics, for example:
- guidelines on how to characterize out-planted genotypes
- a clearinghouse of genotypic information on outplants
- quantitative recommendations on how to maintain and enhance genetic diversity over a given geographic region
What We’re Working On
- The Genetics Working Group has recently published two scientific papers on restoration genetic strategies for Caribbean corals and their dinoflagellate symbionts- Considerations for maximizing the adaptive potential of restored coral populations in the western Atlantic and Molecular tools for coral reef restoration: Beyond biomarker discovery.
- Discussing future needs for supporting coral restoration through genetics.